2013/02/03

Beloved cabbage

I love cabbage, I'm not sure I did when I was a child.
But I love it now, sauerkraut, red cabbage, kale, savoy cabbage, fennel, cauliflower, broccoli

and it is among the healthiest things you can eat.
I enjoy cooking cabbage, hot or cold.
Two, three days a week, I make a salad of cabbage, a kind of cole slow.  

With mayonnaise, or just a good dressing.  
Asian style or with basil suitable for Italian food. Use your imagination.
I use cabbage or red cabbage as a base and add various other vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, fennel.

Add some salt, sugar, oil and vinegar.
Maybe some good French mustard, or cumin?
If your kids don´t like cabbage, grate an apple or two and add some honey.
A girl I know hade some kind of
disease and was only allowed to eat brown rice and all kinds of cabbage for a year, I probably would have done it with pleasure.
Swedish rapeseed oil is recommended. It has a nice nutty flavor, and a wonderful color.

I have a good looking asian friend S, maybe I can can visit her and see how she does her magic kimchi?
//C






 

No comments: