2013/02/21

In my cupboards part 1

I'm a collector, it's in my blood, my parents have always saved everything, an old wheel to a stroller, an old painting no one likes, an almost to well used pair of sneakers. They don't throw anything away. And that way I was raised, and now I'm getting more and more alike my parents.
I love old stuff, but to say I've always had would be a lie, when I was a kid I love IKEA, just because it was the opposite of what we had at home, my parents antique, dark furniture... But I've grown into the old habits of my parents and now I'm here, living at 900 sq ft. and can't throw away anything. I like all my stuff, not to say I love some of it. 
So, from now on, I was thinking I should show what's in my cupboards. (That's also an old bad habit of mine, to look into peoples cupboards when I'm visiting...)

These glasses L bought to me, after he had heard me complain about the so frequently used cone-formed champagne glasses, he found these in an antique shop in Haga in Gothenburg and they are perfect for special occasions, or occasions which just need to be a bit more special then they are, a dull tuesday or so. He found six of them and bought 'em all, even though one had a small crack. I don't think (opposite to my mother who would never buy anything with a crack in it) that matters really. They are old and a litte worn, but one of them still have a sticker saying "Trelleborg" that's a Swedish city, so now we know they're Swedish, but the rest is just up to our imagination.

//E



No comments: